As someone without dental insurance I have to be extra diligent about taking care of my teeth at home, but I have to confess that I’m a horrible flosser. I stay consistent with it for a few days at a time, but then I get lazy and neglectful of my dental hygiene. When I recently had the opportunity to try out the Waterpik Ultra Water Flosser I thought it would be a great way to jump start some healthy habits where my teeth and gums are concerned. I love that it sits right on the countertop, but we have an unusual setup in our bathroom making it a challenge due to where the outlets are located. I was also a little skeptical that water pressure could do a better job than traditional string flossing, but Waterpik’s healthier gums in 14 days guarantee had me feeling confident in the product. There is definitely a learning curve, or maybe that’s just in my case, because I managed not only to spray the water into my mouth, but also on my face and on almost every surface of my bathroom. After a few minutes my skills improved, but I think it will take a little longer to feel fully comfortable with how the water flosser works. The water reservoir was easy to fill and clean, with storage for the six tips in the lid, which is very convenient. The six tips include a classic jet tip, a toothbrush tip, and a plaque seeker tip. Those are the three I see myself using the most, along with the tongue cleaner that’s also included. Aside from my poor aiming skills, I’m looking forward to seeing what this product as to offer. I think it’s a little early for me to say that it’s a fantastic addition to my dental routine, but I’m confident it will offer some amazing results and improve the overall health of my teeth and gums. Some of what I love about the Water Flosser:
- There’s a pause button on the handle – obviously I need to get the hang of that feature.
- Massages and stimulates gums to improve circulation and keep your gums strong and healthy. Massage? I’ll take it where I can get it!
- Can be used with water or your favorite mouthwash – personally I like to stick with water, but my husband is a mouthwash user.
- Removes bacteria deep between teeth and below the gumline where brushing and traditional flossing can’t reach – I can’t wait to see improvement in my own teeth and gums from regular use.
- Clinically proven 3X as effective as dental floss for cleaning around braces with the orthodontic tip – I love this for those wearing braces. Having worn them for more than three years as a teenager I can attest that it was super challenging to floss in between all of that wire in my mouth.
- Available at many retailers including: Amazon.com, Drugstore.com, Target, Walgreens, and many more!
If you’d like to learn more, Waterpik can answer your questions. Just visit them at any of the following locations on the web:
Disclosure: I was provided with the product for the purpose of this review as well as monetary compensation, but the opinions, as always, are my own.