If the inside of your refrigerator looks anything like the inside of my refrigerator then it is probably filled with Thanksgiving leftovers. Let’s face it, everyone can only eat so many turkey sandwiches before they get bored and start begging for something different, which is why I’d like to share a quick and easy recipe I whipped up that the guys in my family loved and devoured earlier today for lunch.
Turkey & Stuffing Casserole
Here’s what I used:
- A 9 X 13 casserole dish
- Leftover Turkey, shredded by hand
- Leftover Stuffing
- Leftover Gravy
- About 1 cup of cooked frozen peas
- Salt & Pepper
I realize that some people are really specific about measurements, but I simply just pulled everything out of the fridge and put this dish together in about 5 minutes.
Here’s what I did:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat gravy in microwave for 30-increments until liquid.
- Layer the bottom of the pan with stuffing.
- Spread some turkey over the stuffing, add all the peas, and pour about half the gravy over the entire mixture.
- Repeat step #4 (except the peas) until you’ve used the amount of leftovers you’d like or until you’ve used all of them, whichever you prefer.
- Season with Salt and Pepper.
- Cover with foil and bake in oven for about 20-30 minutes. If you like a crispy top layer like I do you can remove the foil after 20 minutes and continue to cook for about 10 more minutes.
I hope your family loves and appreciates the flavor, simplicity, and comfort of this dish as much as my family did. Enjoy!