It feels like a while since I posted for Meatless Monday. The main reason is because I don’t like to share a recipe without a picture. When I look up recipes for myself, I like to see a picture, so I like to share one when I post a recipe. (I’m visual like that!) This one is super easy and loaded with delicious vegetables making it healthy and colorful. The original recipe can be found here. I didn’t really make any big changes, but I just worked with what I had in my kitchen at the time.
Here’s what I used for ingredients:
- 1 – 14.5oz. box of Barilla Plus Farfalle (bow tie) pasta
- About 15 grape tomatoes, quartered
- 1 cup finely chopped red onion
- 3 stalks celery – chopped
- 2 zucchini squash – diced
- 1 cup frozen corn – cooked
- 4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 teaspoons dried basil
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon raw cane sugar
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
Here’s what you do:
- Cook the pasta according to package directions
- Cook corn according to package directions
- While the pasta cooks get a large bowl and mix the vegetables, oil, vinegar, basil, oregano, sugar, garlic, salt , and pepper.
- When pasta is done, drain and rinse with cold water.
- Add the pasta to the vegetable mixture. Add the parmesan cheese and toss to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate to chill.
This size recipe made a large amount because I took it to a family gathering. If making it just for my family of four I would have cut the recipe in half. It was so delicious and colorful and really healthy.