A few years ago I decided to start a gratitude journal. It seemed like a simple idea at the time, but it turned out to be a real eye-opener, especially on days that there didn’t seem to be all that much to be thankful for. This is what I’ve been struggling with a lot lately. Actually, if I’m being honest I’ve been struggling with it a great deal for the last couple of months. For reasons I’m not able to talk about specifically, life has just been really difficult since the end of 2015 and it has all carried over into 2016. Happy New Year, indeed.What’s made it even more challenging is that I’m usually a positive person. I genuinely believe there is always something good to be found if you look deep enough, but oh my goodness I’ve been struggling to find even a glimmer of sunshine in recent months. Both literally and figuratively since winter is still going full force here in the Northeast.
So, yeah, aren’t you glad you stopped by here today? I mean, how much more of a downer could I be, right? I promise I’ll turn this post around in just a minute, but life is being a huge jerk right now and I’ve thrown more self-pity parties than I care to admit. I’m totally keeping the tissue company in business, so I guess there’s that. OH MY GOSH, I just did it. I turned it around. That was totally a positive statement, right? Because goodness knows we would not want to see a tissue company go out of business. I feel so much better already.
Now, in true gratitude journal spirit, I’m going to share five things I’m grateful for this week. Hold on one second while I dig really deep. Maybe just a few more seconds……
1.Yesterday’s glorious sunshine and beautiful blue sky.
2. A home with heat because while the sky was gorgeous yesterday the temperature outside was bitingly cold.
3. A wonderful friend who lives in my computer.
4. My dog, Socks, who is always there to offer unconditional love and a couple of warm ears to rub.
5. Coffee because I seriously could not get by in life without my favorite beverage.
6. Just because I feel like I’m on a roll I’m also grateful for being able to exercise because it is most definitely the best way to ease a little of my stress.
Okay, your turn. What are YOU grateful for today, this week, this month?