Really, nothing in life is guaranteed, except of course that we will die. I don’t mean to be morbid, it’s just reality. There are some things I am certain of, though:
- I have made many mistakes as a parent and I will make many more, but they will all be mine and my kids will survive. They might need years of therapy, but they’ll survive.
- When someone that you love dies, it sucks. It truly sucks. It does not get better. Time does not heal the wounds. Things are just different and you move into a new normal.
- Some things are not good, even in moderation, like smoking cigarettes and clothing that is made of 100% polyester.
- Staying true to yourself is way more important than worrying about what others think of you. Their opinions really don’t matter. They really don’t. They really don’t.
- Whoever discovered the coffee bean deserves a shrine or a statue built in their honor. I don’t need to explain that one, do I?